Week 4 (maybe? Already lost count.)

 

I have been busy gathering more info on lawns, messily sketching, fiddling with javascript, and hopefully gaining inches toward my goal with this project. 

I have been splitting my weeks in half (researching lawns during the first half, web design during the second half), but already this has proved futile: new discoveries on the web design front sent me into a javascript bender that *stole* hours! All is well, though, because I learned a lot.

I've set up a sort of 'test' page to practice the type of code I want to use for the site. I've been starting off with the things I know I will need to include, such as a 'scroll to the top' button, a credit page, and some sort of 'landing page' that introduces the project. 

 

Giving myself some elements to mess with in the code!

Giving myself some elements to mess with in the code!

I really just wanted some elements to start playing around with the code. I'm definitely not locking in any design choices at this early in the game! (However, I really like the way the illustration peels off the page.)

Screenshot 2017-10-01 19.43.08.png

I also worked on some type studies! Even though I don't have all the content written yet, I know the kind of feeling I want this project to have and tried to think a little out of the box and look at some fresh typefaces that I've never used before. (I wasn't all that successful as you can clearly see Caslon is still on there.)

Screenshot 2017-09-26 15.52.44.png

I went from not knowing what javascript was exactly to being able to implement a variety of javascript plugins with my own content in like a week sooooOOo (I was impressed with myself). I got a little lawn mower to scroll horizontally as I scroll vertically, I got a cloud to hover, and I successfully added a 'scroll to the top' button. 

 
You can't really see it here but the cloud is slightly floating. 

You can't really see it here but the cloud is slightly floating.